Flood Insurance Information

Flooding is an act of nature which respects no boundary lines - neither community nor personal. If you do not have flood insurance, please contact your insurance agent, as homeowners' insurance policies do not normally cover damage from floods. Because the City of Daytona Beach Shores participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you may be able to purchase a flood insurance policy at a reduced rate. Voluntary actions taken by the City of Daytona Beach Shores have rewarded the community a 15% discount for NFIP policies issued or renewed in the "Special Flood Hazard Area."

This type of insurance is backed by the Federal Government and is available to everyone, even if your property has never been flooded or is not in a special flood hazard area. You may also want to include your house contents, as most policies do not cover contents such as furniture.

Community Identification Number (CID)

The Community Identification Number (CID) for the residents of Daytona Beach Shores is 125100.

Information Requests

To determine if your property or residence is located in a flood zone and for more information on flooding, flood map services, and floodplain management, please view the quick links on this page or contact the City of Daytona Beach Shores Community Services Department to speak directly with Community Services Director Stewart Cruz, at 386-763-5377 or visit us at City Hall to speak directly with our staff. Elevation Certificates are available upon request. This is a free service.

Flood Protection Assistance

Flood Protection Assistance is available by contacting the Building Division at 386-763-5377 or by visiting us at City Hall. Areas we may be able to help are:

  • If you are having drainage or flooding issues, we may be able to help identify the problem and offer repair suggestions.
  • Sewer problems and backups
  • We can offer one on one advice.
  • Provide a list of contractors that have worked in the city
  • We can help with site-specific flood and flood-related data for your property. In many cases, we can provide floor elevation info.
  • Selecting a contractor for your work

Contact Information

If your property is prone to flooding, has drainage issues, or if you have any questions or concerns about flood safety measures, please contact the Building and Codes Department, Public Safety Department, or Stewart Cruz, the Community Services Director or visit the City's Community Services Department at City Hall.