Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Activities and Membership
Membership fee includes: reduced rates for classes held in the Community Center and our monthly newsletter sent electronically. $20.00 Daytona Beach Shores residents; $25.00 non-residents. (Only persons 61 years and younger may purchase a community center membership.)
- Yoga Classes: Instructor: Dena Townsend, RYT. Mondays 10:00 - 11:30 A.M. and Wednesdays 11:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. Fee: $8.00 per class or $42.00 for 6 classes for Community Center or Senior Center members.
- Beginner’s Yoga: Instructor Dena Townsend, RYT, Mondays 8:30-9:30 A.M. and Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 A.M. These classes will be an hour long and will focus on gentle, restorative yoga. Open to all ages. $7.00 per class or $36.00 for 6 classes for Community Center or Senior Center members.
- Pilates: Instructor: Wendy Psomas, Certified Trainer. Create an evenly conditioned body from the inside out. Tuesdays 10:00 A.M. $36 per 6-class session of Community Center and Senior Center members, $7.00 per class for non members.
- Zumba Gold: Licensed Instructor Barbara Mitchell. Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:45-9:30 A.M. Dance your way to a fitter you. Exciting, unique Latin & International moves and rhythms! Zumba, the class taking the world by storm! $30.00 per 6-class session (Community Center or Senior Center members only) or $7.00 per class. Friday classes begin in January 2018.
- Backgammon Club: All levels welcome. Fridays 10:30 A.M.–12:30 P.M. Will teach beginners. Free to members; $1 non members.
- Dominos (Mexican Train): All Aboard! LOOKING FOR NEW PLAYERS. Wednesdays 1:00 P.M. All levels welcome. Toot Toot! Free to members; $1 non members.
- Tai Chi: Certified Instructor Deya Townsend. Mondays 1-2 P.M. Cost is $7 per class. Consists of full body movements that involves legs, internal energy, and simple choreography (8 movements).
- Kumihimo and/or Beading Class with Donna Shamlaty. Fridays, October 13 & 27. Class fee is $50 per student for a series of TWO classes; part 1 will be held October 13 (Starfish Necklace) and part 2 (Starfish Earrings) will be held October 27. All materials are included. Advanced registration with payment is required the Tuesday prior.
- Acoustic Music Jam: 6:00-8:00 P.M. Free! Bring your instrument and play or just sit back and enjoy the music. “Old Time, Traditional Country, Bluegrass and Folk.” Thursdays. Snacks and beverages welcome. Please call for more information.
- Ukulele Lessons: Thursdays, 5:00-6:00 P.M. Instructor Stan Ukule-ley. Cost is $5.00 a lesson, includes loaner instrument. Fun and affordable musical experience! Ages 12 and up welcome.
- Guitar Lessons: Wednesdays 6:00-8:00 P.M. Instructor Mike Williams. For beginner to intermediate level players. $8.00 per class. Loaner instruments available. No lesson November 22 & 28.
- Learn to Draw: Instructor Heather Pastor. Thursday, November 30, Perspective, 6:30-8:00 P.M. $20. Please bring a No. 2 pencil and an 11" x 14" sketch pad. Snacks and beverages welcome. Registration with payment by Friday prior.
- Oil Painting Class: Bob Ross Certified Instructor Rosetta. November 18, Winter Scene, 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. $25 Includes supplies. Pre-registration with payment by Thursday prior or until class is filled. No class in December.
- Zentangle Class: Tangle Time: Certified Instructor, Tracey Lyon. December 11, 9-11 a.m. An easy to learn, relaxing & fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Beginner to advanced welcome. $35 includes supplies. Registration with payment by Thursday prior.
- Zentangle Meet-Up East Volusia: December 11, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Bring your project & supplies to tangle in a group setting. Register to attend www.meetup.com Zentangle East Volusia County. $5.00 suggested Love Offering.
Off Site Activities:
- Pickleball Open Play: McElroy Park. Daily 8:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M. Ten dedicated Pickleball Courts with lights. All ages and skill level welcome. Equipment available for loan in Senior Center.
- Introduction to Pickleball: Mondays 9:00 A.M. and Saturdays 3:30 P.M. Must pre-register for class two days prior. Four players needed to hold class. Paddles and ball provided.
- Pickleball Round Robin: Thursday, December 14, from 6-8 p.m. at McElroy Park. 16 spots. $1.00 per player. Pre-registration and payment required prior to event or until filled. Call to reserve your spot 386-763-7598