Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fax: (386) 788-7635
Activities and Membership
Membership fee includes: reduced rates for classes held in the Community Center and our monthly newsletter sent electronically. $20.00 Daytona Beach Shores residents; $25.00 non-residents. (Only persons 61 years and younger may purchase a community center membership.)
- Yoga Classes: Instructor: Dena Townsend, RYT. Mondays 10:00 - 11:30 A.M. and Wednesdays 11:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. Fee: $8.00 per class or $42.00 for 6 classes for Community Center or Senior Center members.
- Beginner’s Yoga: Instructor Dena Townsend, RYT, Mondays 8:30-9:30 A.M. and Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 A.M. These classes will be an hour long and will focus on gentle, restorative yoga. Open to all ages. $7.00 per class or $36.00 for 6 classes for Community Center or Senior Center members.
- Pilates: Instructor: Wendy Psomas, Certified Trainer. Create an evenly conditioned body from the inside out. Tuesdays 10:00 A.M. $36 per 6-class session of Community Center and Senior Center members, $7.00 per class for non members.
- Zumba Gold: Licensed Instructor Sandra Penamonte. Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:45-9:30 A.M. Dance your way to a fitter you. Exciting, unique Latin & International moves and rhythms! Zumba, the class taking the world by storm! $30.00 per 6-class session (Community Center or Senior Center members only) or $7.00 per class. No Friday classes until October.
- Backgammon Club: All levels welcome. Fridays 10:30 A.M.–12:30 P.M. Will teach beginners. Free to members; $1 non members. No game June 30.
- Dominos (Mexican Train): All Aboard! LOOKING FOR NEW PLAYERS. Wednesdays 1:00 P.M. All levels welcome. Toot Toot! Free to members; $1 non members.
- Movie Matinee: Fridays. Movie will be announced Thursday at noon. RSVP by 8 P.M. Thursday. Please call for information. Doors open 12:15 P.M..; movie begins 12:30 p.m. Free for members; $1 donation from nonmembers. No movie June 30.
- Tai Chi: Certified Instructor Deya Townsend. Mondays 1-2 P.M. Cost is $7 per class. Consists of full body movements that involves legs, internal energy, and simple choreography (8 movements).
- Acoustic Music Jam: 6:00-8:15 P.M. Free! Bring your instrument and play or just sit back and enjoy the music. “Old Time, Traditional Country, Bluegrass and Folk.” Thursdays. Snacks and beverages welcome. Please call for more information.
- Ukulele Lessons: Thursdays, 5:00-6:00 P.M. Instructor Stan Ukule-ley. Cost is $5.00 a lesson, includes loaner instrument. Fun and affordable musical experience! Ages 12 and up welcome. There will be no lessons from June thru September. Classes will resume in October.
- Guitar Lessons: Wednesdays 7:00-8:00 P.M. Instructor Mike Williams. For beginner to intermediate level players. $8.00 per class. Loaner instruments available.
- Acrylic Painting: Paint Your Art Out Instructor Heather Pastor. June 20 (Seahorse), 5:45-8:00 pm.. $25 Includes supplies. Beginner to advanced students paint same subject with step by step instruction. Snacks & beverages welcome. Registration with payment by Thursday prior.
- Oil Painting Class: Bob Ross Certified Instructor Rosetta. June 17 - Overlook. 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. $25 Includes supplies. Pre-registration with payment by Thursday prior or until class is filled. No class in December.
- Zentangle Class: Tangle Time: Certified Instructor, Tracey Lyon. June 10, 9-11 a.m. An easy to learn, relaxing & fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Beginner to advanced welcome. $35 includes supplies. Registration with payment by Thursday prior.
- Zentangle Meet-Up East Volusia: June 10, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Bring your project & supplies to tangle in a group setting. Register to attend www.meetup.com Zentangle East Volusia County. $5.00 suggested Love Offering.
- Themed Line Dancing: "Beach Party" Saturday, June 3, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Members free; non members $3.00. Prizes. Advanced registration required.
Off Site Activities:
- Pickleball Open Play: McElroy Park. Daily 8:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M. Ten dedicated Pickleball Courts with lights. All ages and skill level welcome. Equipment available for loan in Senior Center.
- Introduction to Pickleball: Mondays 9:00 A.M. Must pre-register for Monday class by the Friday before. Four players needed to hold class. Paddles and ball provided.
- Pickleball Round Robin: Tuesday, June 20, from 6-8 p.m. at McElroy Park. 16 spots. $1.00 per player. Pre-registration and payment required prior to event or until filled. Call to reserve your spot 386-763-7598.
– New Classes Coming Soon –
Polymer Clay Class with Joan Clipp. Begins Saturday, August 19, 1-3pm. $25 per person. Advanced Registration required with payment the Wednesday prior. Classes will be held monthly on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
Kumihimo Bead Jewelry Class with Donna Shamlaty. To be held 2nd & 4th Friday of each month starting August 11. Class fee is $50 per student for a series of TWO classes; part 1 will be held August 11 (Basic Kumihimo) and part 2 (Kumihimo with Beads) will be held August 25. All materials are included. Advanced registration with payment is required the Tuesday prior.