Activities and Membership
Membership fee includes: reduced rates for classes held in the Community Center and Senior Center plus our monthly newsletter sent electronically and secured WiFi.
$20.00 Daytona Beach Shores’ residents 61 and under.
$25.00 non-residents 61 and under.
$25.00 Daytona Beach Shores’ residents 62 and better.
$30.00 non-residents 62 and better.
Shores Community Center Activities & Senior Programs
• Sittercise: Video Exercise Monday – Friday 9-9:30 a.m. Members free; nonmembers $1.
• Low Impact Aerobics: Video Exercise Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 9:30-10:15 a.m. Members free; nonmembers $1.
• SilverSneakers®: Muscle Strength & Range of Movement. Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m. AGES 62 OR BETTER.
• Beginner’s Yoga: Instructor Dena Townsend, RYT, Mondays 8:30-9:30 a.m., Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 a.m. Gentle, restorative practice. $7; $36.00 per 6-class card for members. NO CLASSES APRIL 8 & 10.
• Yoga: Instructor Dena Townsend, RYT. Mondays 10-11:30 a.m., Wednesdays 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. $8; $42 per 6-class card for members. NO CLASSES APRIL 8 & 10.
• Pilates: Instructor Wendy Psomas, Certified Trainer. Create an evenly conditioned body from inside out. Tuesdays 10-11 a.m. $7; $36 per 6-class card Community & Senior Center members.
• Yarn Circle: Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. Bring your own projects & supplies.
• Dominoes Mexican Train: All Aboard! Thursdays 10:30 a.m. All levels welcome, new players wanted! Toot Toot! Members free; nonmembers $1.
• Zumba Gold: Licensed Instructor Barbara Mitchell. Mondays 10:30-11:15 a.m. and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8:45-9:30 a.m. Dance your way to a fitter you! Exciting, unique Latin & International moves & rhythms! $7; $30.00 per 6-class card for members.
• Backgammon Club: Fridays 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. All levels welcome, will teach beginners. Members free; nonmembers $1.
• Contract Bridge: Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. $1 per person. Register ASAP. AGES 62 OR BETTER.
• Hand and Foot: Card game Mondays, set-up 11:45 a.m.; play starts 12 noon. Members free; nonmembers $1.
• Bingo: Thursdays, promptly @ 12 noon. Members $1; nonmembers $2. Game card packets additional $1 - $5. AGES 62 OR BETTER.
• Bingo Blast: Third Thursday of the month, April 18. Play begins promptly @ NOON. $10 advance ticket, purchase by Wednesday prior; $12 @ door. Includes game card, 1 large pizza slice, beverages & dessert. Arrive by 11:45 a.m. for pizza. AGES 62 OR BETTER.
• Bunco: Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. Easy to learn, fun game of dice. Members $4; nonmembers $5. Reserve by Tuesday prior.
• Chair Volleyball: Beach Ball, Net, Chairs, Fitness, Fun! Thursdays 1:00 p.m. No skill required. Members free; nonmembers $1.
• Tai Chi: Mondays, 1-2 p.m. Certified Instructor Deynaire Townsend. $7 per class. Consists of full body movements that involves legs, internal energy, and simple choreography. NO CLASSES APRIL 15, 22, & 29.
• Mah-Jongg: Thursdays, set-up 11:45 a.m.; play 12-3 p.m. Members free; nonmembers $1. NO CLOSED GAMES.
• Line Dancing: Line dancing taught by Doreen Wednesdays, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Members free; nonmembers $3.00.
• Samba: Canasta card game variation of Hand & Foot. Fridays 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Will teach beginners. Members free; nonmembers $1. Call to register by Thursday prior.
• Tuesday Evening Dance: Instructor Caryn Lutz, PhD (ABD). Tuesdays, April 2, 16, 23, 30 & May 7 5:40-6:30 p.m. Adult Hi-Lo Aerobics and Stretch. $55 per 5-week session. $15 per drop in class.
• Guitar Lessons: Instructor Mike Williams. Beginner level only. Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. $8. Loaner guitars available.
• Ukulele Lessons: Instructor Stan Ukule-ley Beginner & Intermediate. Fun & affordable music class. Thursdays, 5-6 p.m. $5. Ages 12+.
• Acoustic Music Jam: Old Time, Country, Bluegrass & Folk music. Play your instrument, sing along or just sit back & enjoy! Thursdays, 5:30-7:45 p.m. Free. Snacks & Beverages permitted and available.
OFFSITE PICKLEBALL COURTS
Pickleball Open Play: McElroy Park. Daily 8 a.m.-10 p.m., 10 dedicated courts with lights. All ages & skill levels welcome. Equipment available for loan in Senior Center.
Intro to Pickleball: McElroy Park. Mondays 9 a.m.Registration required two days prior to class. Minimum 4 students. Equipment provided. Free