Waste Pro Website

Complaints - click here

Compliments - click here

Requests - click here

The city is pleased to utilize Waste Pro Inc. to collect all garbage and recycling for their residential customers. A 96 gallon container will be provided for you to collect your household garbage.

Residential Garbage:  This includes food scraps, packaging, clothes, small appliances, and other non-recyclables.  Materials should be placed in container or trash bags, and are to be placed within ten feet of the pavement by driveway by 6:00a.m. on Tuesday. 

Please do not mix yard waste with your household waste.  Commercial, construction or demolition debris, such as fencing, floor tiles, etc. are not included in this service.  Residents may contract directly with Waste Pro for an additional pick up at 386-788-8890.

Recycling: The City encourages recycling as a way to reuse material and to reduce the volume of trash in the landfill.  Curbside recycling is provided to single family homes.  Residents should place their recycling bins by the pavement by 6:00 a.m. for pick-up on Tuesday.  To receive your recycling bin, call the Facilities Department at 386-763-5351.

Items that can be recycled include all colors of glass bottles, newspapers, magazines, mixed office paper, aluminum and steel cans, plastic bags, phone books, junk mail, and plastics with recycling code numbers 1 through 7.  You can now also recycle cardboard cereal boxes without the wax liner.  Large cardboard boxes must be flattened and cut to fit in the recycling bin.

Containers which held automotive, pool or toxic chemicals cannot be recycled.

Tires: Residents may be place up to four (4) typical automotive size tires at the roadside for pickup.  There is a maximum collection of eight (8) tires per year.

Motor Oil: Motor oil was banned from landfill disposal by the State as of October 1, 1999.  Do not put motor oil in with your garbage.  Auto parts stores have a collection site for disposal of used motor oil, and residents may take used motor oil to these stores.  Please call Volusia County Recycles for a facility near you (386) 943-7889, or check with your auto parts store.

Lead Acid Batteries: Automotive and lead acid batteries are banned from landfill disposal by the State.  Retail outlets where you purchase your new battery are required to accept and dispose of your old battery. Please call Volusia County Recycles (386) 943-7889 for a facility near you.

Hazardous Materials: Household hazardous wastes are products toxic to the environment, potentially contaminating our water supply, and are common in your home or garage.  These items should not be placed in your garbage.  Typical household hazardous waste includes used motor oil, lead acid batteries, household batteries, pesticides, gasoline, paint thinners/solvents, and pool chemicals. Please deliver hazardous materials to the  Year-round, east Volusia County, Hazardous Household Waste Center, Tomoka Landfill, 1990 Tomoka Farms Road, Daytona Beach, from 7 am to 5:30 pm  Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday.  Watch for special Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days for special drop-off locations.

Yard Waste: This material includes grass, leaves, shrubs and tree trimmings only.  Up to an average of four (4) 32-gallon, three (3) 45-gallon containers, or eight (8) plastic bags per residential unit (not to exceed 8 cubic yards in a 4-week period), or equivalent bundles are picked up once a week. Palm fronds and limbs may be neatly stacked and shall not be required to be bundled.  Limbs should not exceed four (4) feet in length, six (6) inch diameter or sixty (60) pounds.  Yard waste is picked up at the curb and mulched at the landfill for reuse.
Please do not mix other waste material in with yard waste.  Material must be at the pavement by 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday.

Waste Collection: The City has an exclusive agreement with Waste Pro Inc. to provide all solid waste and single-family residential recycling services.  If you would like a list of companies who hold current non-exclusive franchises and recovered materials certificates, please call the Building Department at (386) 763-5377.

For applications & forms pertaining to non-exclusive franchises and recovered materials dealers, please click here.